Overview of the Development Process
Our goal at School Webmasters is to make the development process for your new Web site(s) as painless as possible. Just for your information, here are the steps generally followed:
- School issues Purchase Order to School Webmasters
- You’ll complete the online Development Questionnaire (see link below)
- You meet with Project Manager to discuss design options and content needs
- Graphic Designer creates a one-page prototype for your approval (you are approving style & color & basic design layout at this phase)
- You approve or request revisions of prototype
- School or District invoiced for first half of design fee upon prototype approval
Content Information Gathering
- Send School Webmasters the items requested
Research & Copywriting
- Once we’ve received requested items, we’ll begin copywriting
- Research begins (to gather additional content related to community/locale)
- School Webmasters will develop a site map
Programming & Layout
- Content layout
- Creation of pages and links, forms converted to PDFs and uploaded, etc.
- Additional graphics, photos, and sidebars are added after content placement
Final Steps & Going Live!
- Proofing and link testing is completed
- You will be asked to redirect your URL (if applicable) or we’ll redirect a domain name that we purchase on your behalf
- District or school will be invoiced for balance of design fee and monthly updates/hosting will be billed at the first of each month
Let’s Get Started…
Now, to begin, let’s start gathering information, so we can hit the ground running! Click the link that applies to your website (either a district office site or a single school site). Please use the District Questionnaire for a school district site, a district/school combo site, an organization site, or a stand-alone school site such as a charter or private school. Please use the School Questionnaire for a school site that will be separate from your School Webmaster’s district website.