Hosting Features & Benefits
Our full-service school website hosting includes improvements, updates, and other graphic and content revisions or additions necessary for keeping your school website fresh, informative, and accurate. This includes the website design and development of additional school Web pages if you need them.
Why Outsource School Web Hosting?
Although it is not uncommon for districts or schools to host their own school sites on a Web server managed by their IT department, there are some very compelling reasons to consider outsourcing this to experts in the field. Allow us to elaborate!
Hardware & Software Expense
With the rapid change in technology, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep servers up to date and secure. Due to constant upgrades and the expenses involved with those upgrades, leaving these headaches to companies who specialize in keeping up with all the latest hardware and software requirements saves the district money and the IT staff time. Web hosting done right includes managing security, DDOS attacks, server updates, and much more.
Staff Workload & Skill Set
Your IT staff has its hands full keeping up with educational technology issues. Expecting them to be designers, writers, and public relations experts as well as seek out and manage your school website content on an ongoing basis, is often unrealistic.
Hiring someone in-house who is skilled at programming, writing, and graphic design as a dedicated webmaster comes at a significant expense. The cost for a full-time webmaster can range from $50,000 to $80,000 annually! Letting School Webmasters manage your school web hosting, updates, and design eliminates the need for an in-house webmaster. You also eliminate the problem with staff turnover and inconsistency in upkeep and style preference.
Web Server & Hosting Technology
Our hosting services include the “housing” for the website on a server that is permanently connected to the Internet.
Data Center Space
- SAS 70 Type II Certified
- PCI Compliant
- Square footage: 18,500 (Facility); 12,620 (Colocation & Managed)
- 100% Dedicated AWS datacenter resources
- 12-inch Raised floor allows for more efficient airflow
- Overhead cable management for easy expansion
- Fire Detection: Fike Cheetah Photoelectric and VESDA
- Fire Suppression: Fike FM-200 / Pre-action dry-pipe
Configuration & Support
- APC AR3100 78.4” x 23.6” x 42.1” cabinets available at full and half rack increments
- Cabinets are lockable, fire-rated with perforated front and rear doors for sufficient airflow
- 100+ sq ft Cage space available
- 2300 sq ft private space available
- Roof rights are not available
Data Center Power
- N+1 Redundant power and power feeds
- Up to 150 watts/square foot
- Automatic transfer switches designed for seamless cutovers
- 3.7 mW of total building power capacity over 2 utility feeds
- N+1 Redundant UPS Systems
- 4.5 mW of generator capacity with 36+ hr of fuel capacity
- Generators housed in dedicated, fenced, secure enclosures
- Over 6000 gallons of onsite available fuel
- 120V and 208V Circuits
- Redundant power is delivered via diverse patch panels and PDUs
- Power whips are provided for 30 amp 110/208v
- Power installed in sealed steel conduit under the subfloor
- N+1 HVAC redundant cooling system
- 20 Liebert System 3 30 ton computer room air conditioners
- Cooling up to 175 watts/sq ft
- Temperature maintained at 70°F (+/- 4°)
- Humidity maintained at 40% (+/- 5%)
- Redundancy and automatic failover in place to ensure continual connectivity
- 10 GB Redundant capacity delivered from two major POPs
- 8 GB committed transit from four separate providers
- Engineered to greater than 200% peak utilization
- Fully meshed routing and switching architecture
- Connectivity via multiple backbone providers
- Network boasts multi-homed bandwidth
- 2 Diverse points of entry and 2 diverse paths
- Copper CAT 5E and Fiber access to each row of cabinets and cages
- 100 Mbps or 1 GB network connectivity available to cabinets and cages
- Facility security includes keycard access and on-site Operations personnel
- Video monitoring via both interior and exterior cameras.
- Video data retained for 30 days.
- 24x7x365 Customer access
- Fully staffed 24x7x265 Operations Center & Remote Hands