How Successful Schools Market Themselves
Welcome to our presentation materials from 2017 PARSS conference. Thank you for attending!
You will find the handouts and other resources mentioned during our presentation below. If you have any questions or need some help, we hope you’ll reach out to us. Feel free to e-mail our presenter and CEO, at Bonnie@SchoolWebmasters.com or call us at 888-750-4556.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our bi-monthly blog for access to additional articles, eBooks, and other resources on topics important to rural school administrators.
- Why Marketing Matters & How Students Benefit
- DIY School Marketing / Communications Plan Road Map
- School Marketing Plan Template
- Example Plan: Marketing Campaign to Succeed under ESSA
- 50 Ideas for School Public Relations & Marketing for Community Engagement
- eBook: How Successful School Market Themselves
- eBook: How to Create an Exceptional School Website
- eBook: Social4Schools
Related Blog Articles
School Marketing & Public Relations
- Why Marketing Matters
- Do It Yourself School Marketing
- School Marketing is NOT a Dirty Word
- Public Relations for Schools
- Schools That Do More With Less
- Telling Your School’s Stories
- School Choice: Something to Fear or Embrace?
School Social Media
School Website Management
- What Grade Does Your Public School Website Get?
- 3 Simple Principles Behind Keeping Your School’s Website Current
- Do You Make This Mistake With Your School’s Website?
- What Every School Administrator Should Know About Website Accessibility
- ADA Website Accessibility, Part I & Part II
- Should Your School’s Website be Responsive?
- Style Guide for Website Content Writing
To learn more about school marketing and telling your school’s stories, we recommend the following books:
- The Storytelling Animal: How Stories Make us Human, by Jonathan Gottschall
- Putting Stories to Work, by Shawn Callahan
- All Marketers Are Liars Tell Stories: The Underground Classic that Explains How Marketing Really Works and Why Authenticity is the Best Marketing of All, by Seth Godin
- Whoever Tells the Best Story Wins, by Annette Simmons
- Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing, by Roger Dooley
- The Righteous Mind, by Jonathan Haidt
- Lead with a Story: A Guide to Crafting Business Narratives that Captivate, Convince, and Inspire, by Paul Smith
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, by Robert B. Cialdini Ph.D.