Website Accessibility Services
In addition to beautifully designed responsive websites with intuitive navigation and professional copywriting, all of School Webmasters school websites are ADA compliant. This means that you won’t be excluding anyone from access to your school website. You’ll also stay out of hot water with the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) and the U.S. Department of Education by complying with website accessibility laws.
How we maintain an ADA compliant school website
It begins during the development phase of your new website project. We observe WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards. By meeting these standards, we help you have an ADA compliant website and fulfill Section 504 of the rehabilitation act. To make this happen, here are some typical steps we follow:
- We develop your website with navigation that allows assistive technology, like screen readers, used by those with disabilities to access your school website. For example, the visually impaired can use their keyboard for all navigation, instead of having to rely on a mouse.
- We design your website with color contrast in mind to assure that your site adheres to ADA best practices.
- We provide Alt Text for all images (oh, and our images are also royalty-free, so you don’t get in trouble for copyright infringement, which is another legal landmine). Alt Text helps the user understand all the information on the page, not just the text.
- We have fully trained staff to manage all daily website updates so your school website will remain ADA compliant.
- We conduct annual audits to assure that your school’s website is accessible at the levels required by the OCR. If we find any outstanding issues, we either fix them or bring them to your attention (if it is an item outside of our control).
- If you need us to, we can even help you keep all of your PDF documents and videos compliant, either by providing training to your staff or by doing the work for you (for an additional fee).
Websites for schools must meet ADA website compliance standards
Trying to keep your school’s websites compliant can be a challenge. It means that everyone who touches the website needs to be aware of the standards for accessibility. Sometimes it involves the code; sometimes it requires color and image modification. Whatever is required, having School Webmasters as your school’s webmasters means we'll make it happen.
Get more for less
For as low as a $2150 one-time design and development fee, you will have a mobile-friendly, ADA compliant website for your school. Then, for only $149 per month, our professionals manage all your daily updates, quality control, proofing, staff reminders, and ADA accessibility compliance, and we’ll even make recommendations regarding public relations, communications, and marketing to improve your school communication. To learn more or to request a quote, contact us at (888) 750.4556. Do it today, before your OCR audit!
In an audit?
If you have been notified that your site is not ADA compliant and you need an audit or remediation, let School Webmasters guide you through the process and get your school website compliant. We are OCR accepted website accessibility auditors. Or, if you just want to be proactive and need to know what should be corrected on your existing website, we can provide a website accessibility review. Learn more about our school website accessibility audit or remediation services.